Student Writing-up Bursaries
Writing-up Bursaries are aimed at supporting St Antony's students nearing completion of their DPhil with funding towards their remaining living costs.
|Selection criteria||How to apply||When to apply|
The College is usually able to award a small number of Writing-up Bursaries each term, funded by the Antonian Fund. Each bursary is worth £1,000.
In Trinity Term 2018, three bursaries were awarded.
Awards are made on the basis of both academic achievement and financial need. Students may only receive one Writing-up Bursary during the course of their DPhil.
- Applicants must be current DPhil students at St Antony's College. Successful applicants are usually in their third or fourth year of study.
- Preference will be given to students who have self-funded all or most of their course fees and living costs.
- Preference will be given to students who can demonstrate that they have made a positive contribution to the College community.
- Preference will be given to students who have already achieved Confirmation of Status.
- Applicants should be in the final stages of writing up their thesis with the realistic expectation of submitting it by the end of the following term e.g. if you apply in Michaelmas, you should expect to submit your thesis by the end of Hilary.
Students who have already submitted their thesis are not eligible for a bursary.
Applications consist of two parts:
- A completed application form (download from the bottom of this page) in which you state your reasons for applying, your progress with your DPhil to date, a summary of your research project, your academic achievements, details of your funding to date, and budget for your remaining time.
- A reference, sent by email directly from your supervisor to the Registry Team. It should confirm the date by which you are expected to submit your thesis and comment in reasonable detail on your academic achievements. Please note that the anticipated submission date provided by your supervisor must match the date given on your application form.
Applications are accepted every term.
Email your completed application form to the Registry Team, by 5pm on Monday of 7th week:
- Monday 19th November 2018 if applying in Michaelmas Term 2018
- Monday 25th February 2019 if applying in Hilary Term 2019
- Monday 10th June 2019 if applying in Trinity Term 2019
Ensure your reference is sent directly from your supervisor by the same deadline.
Successful applicants will be notified within three weeks of the closing date.
Late or incomplete applications, including applications without references, will not be considered.