Book a visit
Book a visit
Due to ongoing restrictions relating to the Covid-19 pandemic, St Antony's College Library is able to provide limited study space for members of the College who book in advance. If you would like to work within the Library's reading rooms, please reserve your space in advance following guidelines below.
Note, readers who would like to borrow books are encouraged to use the Library's "Click & Collect" service. Requested books are usually made available for collection outside the Library; readers do not need to book visits to receive them.
Main Reading Room
Members may book two-hour and four-hour sessions in the Library’s Main Reading Room through the College Library Main Reading Room Bookings Page. Bookable sessions are available at the following times every day:
|2-Hour Study||4-Hour Study|
|0.30-4.30 (4 hrs)|
|7.00-9.00 (2 hrs)|
|9.30-11.30 (2 hrs)|
|12.30-16.30 (4 hrs)|
|17.30-19.30 (2 hrs)|
|20.00-0.00 (4 hrs)|
Gulbenkian Reading Room
The Gulbenkian Reading Room Bookings Page is available for members to reserve study space on the lower floor at the following times:
|0.00-4.00 (4 hrs)|
|8.00-12.00 (4 hrs)|
|13.00-17.00 (4 hrs)|
|18.00-22.00 (4 hrs)|
Members are welcome to book consecutive slots (and where consecutive slots have been reserved, remain within the Library during intervening periods in most cases).
Sessions will be released and can be booked up to 7 days in advance; new sessions will become available with time and when reservations are cancelled. If you encounter difficulties with the bookings pages, please reload (use “Ctrl + Shift + R” to refresh the local cache) and try again. If problems persist, please contact the Library Staff for help.
Please note, you should only make bookings for the College Library if you are a current member of the College and have a valid University card; each member must use their own card to gain entry to rooms, and may be asked to present their card again once inside. If you are not a member and wish to consult an item which is not accessible within the Bodleian Libraries, please contact the Librarian for assistance.
- A separate booking must be made for each individual.
- Accurate contact details (the full name and email address of each individual) must be provided; do not book places for others under your own name.
- Readers must wear face coverings at all times (unless exempt under government guidelines).
- Readers must observe social distancing rules by remaining at least 2 metres from others at all times. Readers who would like to access materials which are kept close to occupied study spaces are advised to request materials through the Library's click & collect service.
- Readers must cleanse their hands before entering (sanitizer is available from dispensers close to doors), and are advised to wipe tables and chair arms before and after use with the cleaning products provided.
- Readers may arrive late (individuals will be admitted after the start of their reserved session), but should avoid arriving too early.
- Readers must leave before or promptly after their sessions end.
- All individuals must vacate the Old Main Building before 5.00 and not enter before 7.00 to ensure housekeeping staff can clean without obstruction.
- Readers may make appointments up to seven days in advance and may book multiple sessions during the week. However, all are encouraged to be considerate of the needs of others and the limited capacity of reading rooms. Please do not book more visits than necessary, use electronic resources (e.g. e-books and Web Print) where they are available, and be sure to cancel your booking(s) if your circumstances/requirements change.
- Each member must use their own University card to access the Library. Members may be asked to present their cards again when inside.