Transcripts and letters

Transcripts and letters

Transcript requests 

Research degree (DPhil) students 

If you have completed your degree, you may order a degree confirmation letter from the University. Details are available at: Degree certificates and letters

If you are yet to complete your research degree, contact the College for proof of study.

Taught course (Master's) students who commenced their studies in or after Michaelmas Term 2007

The University no longer issues hard copy final transcripts to students. All final transcripts are now electronic and available through the eDocuments service

You will need to follow the registration steps in the Student User Guide (Student User Guide 19.10.2022_0.pdf ( and pay a one-off £15 access fee. This fee will alow you to view and share your transcript, amongst other official documents. Please see the eDocuments FAQ page for more information.

On-course transcripts are now available to students on taught courses who have not yet completed their degrees. Details are available at: Transcripts.

Taught course (Master's) students who commenced their studies prior to Michaelmas Term 2007

Students who commenced their degrees prior to Michaelmas 2007 can obtain official copies of their academic transcript from the College.

Please email the Academic Office, including the following information:

  • Your full name and degree/course of study;
  • The total number of transcripts requested;
  • The name and address of each recipient/institution to whom the transcript(s) should be posted;
  • The deadline by which your transcript(s) must be received by each recipient/institution.

Transcripts are normally prepared within 3-5 working days of receiving the request. There is no charge for the transcript, which can be sent issued as an email scan or by post.

Degree Certificates and Degree Confirmation letters

Degree Certificates are issued at the time of your graduation ceremony. If your degree certificate is lost, stolen or damaged, you can order a new one from the University at a charge of £40. Although we would recommend that you create an account on the eDocuments service to obtain a digital copy.

If you have passed your examinations and have not had your degree conferred at a degree ceremony, or if you have attended a ceremony but require proof of your award to present to a third party, you can have a degree confirmation letter. The letter will confirm that you have successfully completed your course at the University of Oxford, the dates of attendance and the classification you received. If you have not yet completed your course a letter cannot be issued.  

The University’s eDocuments Service enables you to share the dDCL with others such as future employers online. Once your letter is ready it will be hosted on the University’s eDocuments service and you will receive an email to let you know that it is ready. You can then choose to share these documents with third parties from within the e-document portal itself. Documents shared in this way are sent from the University of Oxford and therefore are considered official secure documents for application purposes.

Please see the University's Certificates and letters webpage for details of how to order these documents.

Verifying qualifications

The University's Degree Conferrals Office will respond to requests for information on educational attainments from employers or prospective employers or from other educational institutions, funding bodies or recognised voluntary organisations.

Please see the University's Verifying qualifications webpage for details.