Partners and children

Partners and children

College facilities Newcomers' Club Childcare
and schools

College facilities

St Antony's has a limited number of studio rooms and flats (apartments) available to accommodate couples or small families. Please contact the Accommodation Office for further information.

Partners and children are welcome to eat in the Dining Hall for regular meals; their meals can be paid for by credit or debit card. Highchairs are available. Different rules apply for High Tables (formal dinners).

The College does not offer affiliate membership for partners/children. Partners are welcome to apply for College membership in their own right through the usual channels, i.e. applying for a place on a graduate course as a student or applying to the College to become a Visiting Graduate Student (for those at doctoral stage) or as an Academic Visitor (for those at post-doctoral stage).

Newcomers' Club for partners/spouses 

The University of Oxford Newcomers‘ Club is an organisation, run by volunteers, whose aim is to help the newly-arrived wives, husbands or partners of visiting scholars, of graduate students and of new appointed academic members of the University to settle in and give them the opportunity to meet people in Oxford.

Childcare and schools

Matriculated students are eligible to apply for places at one of the University of Oxford's nurseries. Although the University's provision is extensive, there are always waiting lists so we would encourage you to apply for a place as soon as you know you may need one (you can apply whilst pregnant). Please see the Nursery Information pages for details.

Comprehensive information about childcare can be found on Oxfordshire County Council's Information for parents pages and about schools on their Schools pages.

There are a number of private (fee-paying) schools in central Oxford and Summertown (north Oxford, around 15 minutes' walk from College).

We are happy to help answer any questions you may have, or help signpost you in the right direction. Please contact the College Registrar in the first instance.