Students with disabilities
Students with disabilities
The University's Disability Advisory Service provides information and advice on the way in which a particular disability may impact on your experience at Oxford, and can assist you with organising disability-related study support. At St Antony's we have a range of ways to support students with disabilities.
|University support||College support and facilities|
The University of Oxford supports over 1,300 students who have declared a disability, including specific learning difficulties (such as dyslexia and dyspraxia), long-term health conditions, mental health difficulties, mobility difficulties, sensory impairments and autism spectrum disorders.
We strongly encourage you to let the Disability Advisory Service (DAS) know if you have (or think you might have) a disability as early as possible so that they can advise on the range of study support that is available and can make any support arrangements that may be required.
You can download a guide to accessing disability support from the DAS website: www.ox.ac.uk/students/welfare/disability.
Alternatively, please contact the team to speak to a Disability Advisor who will be happy to answer any questions you might have via:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Phone +44 (0)1865 280459
• In person at 3 Worcester Street, Oxford, OX1 2BX
Who to contact
The College has bedrooms which offer accommodation for College members with mobility conditions. The Gateway and Ghassan Shakar Buildings have en-suite bedrooms that have been adapted to be suitable for wheelchair users, and some of the ground floor bedrooms in other accommodation buildings may also be suitable.
Students with a disability or health condition that impacts on their living needs are guaranteed a room in College accommodation. Details can be found in the Offer Pack sent out when you are accepted by the College, or can be obtained from the College Registrar.
Most of the College buildings are fully wheelchair accessible. There are lifts in the following buildings:
- Hilda Besse Building - for the Dining Hall, Senior Common Room and Combined Common Room. This building also has a wheelchair friendly toilet on the ground floor. Find the exact location of the entrance at the what3words address ///dine.place.string
- Gateway Building - for bedrooms and the Pavilion Seminar Room. Find the exact location of the entrance at the what3words address ///shady.hood.rails
- Ghassan Shakar Building - for bedrooms and the Senior Members' Workroom. Find the exact location of the entrance at the what3words address ///could.oven.frozen
- Nissan Institute - for the Bodleian Japanese Library, Nissan administration office, common room and offices. Find the exact location of the entrance at the what3words address ///wiser.evenly.nodded
The Old Main Building has a paved pathway from the Lodge (Ghassan Shakar Building) into the Garden Door entrance, from where users may find a wheelchair friendly toilet and assisted access to the Syndicate Room.
Although the College Library is not currently wheelchair accessible, Library staff will seek to make suitable alternative arrangements for College members to be able to access the Library's collections. On request, the Library may be able to supply magnifiers, book rests, foot rests and other pieces of ergonomic equipment.