Dr Anne Wolf
Dr Anne Wolf
Dr Wolf is a Fellow at All Souls College, University of Oxford, where she researches authoritarian politics, with a focus on the Middle East and North Africa. She has a particular interest in Tunisia, a country on which she has conducted research for over a decade.
Dr. Wolf is the author of Ben Ali's Tunisia: Power and Contention in an Authoritarian Regime (Oxford University Press, forthcoming in 2022) and Political Islam in Tunisia: The History of Ennahda (Oxford University Press, 2017).
She is also an Associate Editor at the Journal of North African Studies and a Senior Research Fellow at the Project of Middle East Democracy.
Dr Wolf is currently studying counterrevolutionary movements in the Arab world.
Please visit her website for more information.
- Wolf, Anne, Ben Ali's Tunisia: Power and Contention in an Authoritarian Regime, Oxford University Press, 2022 (forthcoming)
- Wolf, Anne, Political Islam in Tunisia: The History of Ennahda, Hurst & Oxford University Press, 2017
- Winner of CHOICE Outstanding Academic Title
- Published in Arabic by Mediterranean Publishers, 2019
ARTICLES AND CHAPTERS
Recent publications include:
- Wolf, Anne. "The Arab Uprisings: Internecine Contention and Regime Collapse" (under review).
- Wolf, Anne & Michael Wilis. "Le renouveau de l’islam politique au Maghreb après les indépendances." In Francois Burgat and Matthieu Rey, Histoire des mobilisations islamistes, CNRS, 2022.
- Wolf, Anne. "Morocco's Hirak Movement and Legacies of Contention in the Rif." The Journal of North African Studies, 24, no. 1 (2019): 1-6.
- Wolf, Anne. "Beyond the ‘Revolution’: Authoritarian Revival and Elite Reconfiguration in Tunisia." The Middle East in London, 14, 1 (2018): pp. 12-14.
- Wolf, Anne. "'Dégage RCD!' The Rise of Internal Dissent in Ben Ali's Constitutional Democratic Rally and the Tunisian Uprisings." Mediterranean Politics, 23, no. 2 (2018): 245-64.
- Wolf, Anne. "What are Secular Parties in the Arab World? Insights from Tunisia's Nidaa Tounes and Morocco's PAM." In Lise Storm and Francesco Cavatorta, Political Parties in the Arab World: Continuity and Change, Edinburgh University Press, 2018.
- Wolf, Anne. "An Islamist 'Renaissance'? Religion and Politics in Post-revolutionary Tunisia." The Journal of North African Studies 18, no. 4 (2013): 560-73.