Tours of the Investcorp Building take place by appointment only on Wednesday afternoon in two time slots of: 3.30pm- 4pm and 4pm- 4.30pm.
To book a tour please contact the MEC administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your contact information, the aim of the visit and group size (please note that maximum group size is 25).
The tours last approximately 30 minutes and include access to the Lecture Theatre, Gallery space, as well as Library and Archive Reading rooms.
Tours are free of charge, however we always welcome a small donation to our Albert Hourani Scholarship fund that is awarded yearly to an MPhil student in Modern Middle Eastern Studies.
To donate please visit University donation website
Please note that it is not possible to view the building during weekends.
Facts & figures
- Designed by Dame Zaha Hadid
- Commissioned in 2006, ground breaking started in January 2013; completed and opened by Dame Zaha Hadid in May 2015
- Total floor area: 1200 m2
- Total footprint area: 900 m2
- Capacity of the Investcorp Lecture Theatre is 117 seats
- Library – 26 readers’ stations and doubling of book storage area.
- Archive – 7 readers’ stations and provision of environmentally controlled storage for photographic and paper collections.
- Lux Award (for lighting);
- Oxford Preservation Trust New Building Award 2015;
- RIBA South Award 2016;
- RIBA National Award 2016;
- Award in Higher Education and Research Category at the World Architecture Festival 2016.
For more information and images please also visit Zaha Hadid Architects