Update for Staff and Fellows on COVID-19 planning
Together with the University, we are looking forward to welcoming all new and continuing students from the start of Michaelmas Term. In planning for this, the health and safety of our people is our top priority. Our detailed planning - which is guided by the UK Government and the University - is underpinned by these core principles:
- The safety of our staff, students and Fellows is paramount
- Activity undertaken on site by staff and Fellows will be limited to tasks which cannot be performed remotely
- Any return to working on site will be governed by three principles: it must be essential, safe, and agreed
- On-site activity must be able to be carried out safely
- The personal circumstances of our staff must be taken into account
- Staff will be consulted on the College’s return to site plans.
More detail is set out in the following documents:
We have also produced an HR Guide for Managers, intended to facilitate discussions with staff returning to work from furlough or whose work-related circumstances are changing, for example, because they are moving to a mix of home and office working.
For those working from home, here are some tips to help you work from home more effectively.
We are in the process of developing relevant associated policies, and are seeking two staff representatives to consult with staff and provide feedback on our plans. To volunteer for this, or if you have questions, please contact the Bursar.