Update for Staff and Fellows on COVID-19 planning
Together with the University, we are doing all we can to support our students, staff and the wider College community throughout the pandemic, and the health and safety of all our people is our top priority. Our detailed planning - which is guided by the UK Government and the University - is underpinned by these core principles:
- The safety of our staff, students and Fellows is paramount
- Activity undertaken on site by staff and Fellows must be essential and will therefore be limited to tasks which cannot be performed remotely
- On-site activity must be able to be carried out safely
- The personal circumstances of our staff must be taken into account
- On-site activity must be agreed by the Bursars and the HR Manager
- Staff will be consulted on the College’s return to site plans.
We have produced a Staff & Fellows Safety Guide (updated 9 January) which we expect all College members to read, understand and adhere to. This is underpinned by our on-site working framework and site risk assessment
We have also produced an HR Guide for Managers, intended to facilitate discussions with staff returning to work from furlough or whose work-related circumstances are changing, for example, because they are moving to a mix of home and office working.
The University's Early Alert Testing Service can provide testing for any member of the University who needs it. The University has also introduced a face coverings policy, and face coverings must be worn in shared indoor settings in College from Tuesday 1 September.
For those who are currently working from home, here are some tips to help you work from home more effectively.
If you have any questions not covered in these pages, please contact the Bursar.