Oxford Jusoor Graduate Scholarship
St Antony’s College and the University of Oxford, in partnership with Jusoor, are offering one scholarship a year for entry in 2016/17 and 2017/18 to a student who is a Syrian citizen or a stateless person residing in Syria to study for a one year Master’s degree at St Antony’s College in the University of Oxford.
Jusoor is an NGO of Syrian expatriates supporting the country’s development and helping Syrian youth realize their potential through various programs and initiatives in the fields of Education, Career, and Global Community Engagement.
The scholarship is open to applicants who are Syrian citizen or a stateless person residing in Syria, and who have applied for a one year Master’s degree in any subject offered at St Antony’s College (please see below for a full list).
The scholarship covers course fees, college fees and a grant for living costs of at least £14,057. Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course. The scholarship is jointly funded by the University and by Jusoor. Jusoor is a UK-based charity supporting development of Syrian youth through various initiatives in the fields of education, scholarship, mentorship, entrepreneurship, career development and global community engagement.
The scholarship is only tenable at St Antony’s College. All eligible applicants will be considered for the scholarship, regardless of which college (if any) you state as your preference on the graduate application form. However, successful applicants will be transferred to St Antony’s College in order to take up the scholarship.
There is no separate application process for this scholarship: to be considered, submit your application for graduate study by the relevant January deadline (6 or 20 January 2017, depending on your course). Selection is expected to take place in April 2017. Please see the Standard scholarship selection terms for more information about the application and selection process.
List of courses
- MSc Social Anthropology
- MSc Visual, Material and Museum Anthropology
- MSc Medical Anthropology
- MSc African Studies
- MSc Contemporary Chinese Studies
- MSc Contemporary India
- MSc Latin American Studies
- MSc Modern Japanese Studies
- MSc Russian and East European Studies
- MSt International Human Rights Law (part-time)
- MSc Education (Comparative & International)
- MSc Education (Higher Education)
- MSc Economic and Social History
- MSc History of Science, Medicine & Technology
- MSt British & European History from 15 to the present
- MSt Global and Imperial History
- MSt Modern South Asian Studies
- MSt US History
- MSc Economics for Development
- MSc Global Governance and Diplomacy
- MSc Migration Studies
- MSc Refugee and Forced Migration Studies
Law (Social Sciences)
- MSt Legal Research
Medieval and Modern Languages (Humanities)
- MSt Modern Languages
- MSt Film Aesthetics
- MSt Modern Jewish Studies
- MSt Chinese Studies
- MSt Japanese Studies
- MSt Korean Studies
- MSc Social Science of the Internet
- MSc Political Theory Research
- MSc Politics Research
- Master of Public Policy
- MSc Comparative Social Policy
- MSc Evidence-Based Social Intervention and Policy Evaluation
- MSc (Research) Social Intervention
- MSc (Research) Social Policy
- MSt Socio-Legal Research
- MSc Sociology