Student FAQs

Here are the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we receive from current students… 

You can download and print your own enrolment certificate through the University’s Student Self Service. You will need your Single Sign On details (e.g. sant1234 and password) to log in. The Academic Office can sign and stamp the certificate for you, physically or digitally.

The Academic Office can also write, sign, and stamp other letters on College letterhead for you as needed. This includes confirmation of fees and enrolment period for an external funding body, letters in support of a non-UK visa application, or references letter for a private landlord.

The Academic Office will be pleased to complete your GSO form (such as an application for transfer/confirmation of status or deferral of a DPhil milestone) once you and your supervisor have filled in the first two sections. You can either email your form or bring it to our office in person.

Follow the instructions on the Lost, damaged or stolen University card page.

Please see the fees and funding section of the Student Handbook.

The College provides STAR grants to current students which are designed to help with the costs of fieldwork or presentation of your research at a conference. In addition, the college offers Writing-up bursaries to DPhil students nearing completion. All students can apply to the Antonian Fund for projects or events that support and develop the College community.

At present, the college is unable to fund the registration fee for language courses run by the University Language Centre. You should consult with your department/faculty as they may be willing to pay the fee if the language instruction is essential for the course of study. Similarly, the college is currently unable to fund the costs of joining a university or college club or society.

In addition, there are a range of funding opportunities offered by the regional study centres and external organisations that we know have supported our students in the past. Take a look at these here.

STAR grant applications are accepted three times a year, once per academic term. You should apply to the deadline that is closest to the work taking place. We cannot accept retrospective applications (i.e. applications made for work that has already taken place). So for example if you are undertaking work at the beginning of March you should apply in the Hilary Term deadline,  or for work taking place in the summer you would apply in the Trinity Term deadline.

The University’s US Loans team supports all graduates wishing to take out a loan or manage an existing loan. See US Loans webpages and the Canadian loans page. If you have a Canadian tax form, this is completed by the University team. However, if you need a US loan tax form to be completed, please contact the Accounts team.

Find out more about residency requirements here.

Contact us via email or drop into the office, and we’d be glad to support you in any exam adjustments. We will need to provide evidence of why you require extra time or use of a computer, and will need to provide this to the Exam Schools. If you will need exam adjustments, please let us know as soon as possible, so we have enough time to make applications for these for you.

The Health and wellbeing page contains information about support offered to you in College and around the University, as well as offering links to other resources that students have found helpful.

Occasionally, additional guest tickets become available before the ceremony. If you would like to be added to a waiting list for an extra ticket please contact the Academic Office. Any additional tickets are allocated the Wednesday before the ceremony, and in the first instance graduands can only request one additional ticket each, to ensure as many people as possible can have additional guests.