Middle East Centre Archive Reading Room Rules and Conduct
Archives are unique and irreplaceable please:
- Take care not to mark, tear or deface documents.
- Do not lean on documents or rest note pads on them.
- Pens are not permitted in the reading room. Please take notes using a computer or a pencil.
- No eating, drinking or smoking in the reading room.
- Keep papers in the same order in which you find them.
- Foam rests and paperweights are available for bound volumes.
- Cotton gloves, provided by the Archive, must be worn when handling photographic material.
In addition to the care and handling of documents, please be considerate of other readers in the reading room, so as to avoid disrupting work. Only clear plastic bags are permitted in the reading room, all other bags, including handbags, must be left in the lockers provided. Coats and jackets are not permitted in the reading room.
Please note that harassment of staff is not tolerated by St Antony's College and will lead to exclusion from the Archive.
Back to MEC Archive Home Page